Colonel Paige T. Abbott is the Commander of the 225th Support Squadron, Western Air Defense Sector, Washington Air National Guard, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
She is responsible for maintenance of the systems providing constant air sovereignty command, control, and communications from Minnesota, west along the Canadian border, down the Pacific Coast, and along the Mexican border from California to Mississippi. These systems include 195 joint-use sensors, tethered aerostats, communications infrastructure, a classified network control center, and multiple command and control mission systems throughout the Battle Control Center. Col. Abbott is also responsible for facility and power plant maintenance, operations, and security.
Colonel Abbott is a distinguished graduate of the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) at the College of the Holy Cross, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology in 1990. After 5 years of active duty service in the Air Force, she joined the Washington Air National Guard in 1996.
She is a Master Air Battle Manager and has deployed and supported Operation SUPPORT SOVEREIGNTY and Operation SUPPORT JUSTICE IV, where she served as Detachment Four Commander. Since 2001, Colonel Abbott has been leading personnel in the homeland defense Operation NOBLE EAGLE mission. Prior to assuming her current position, she served as 225th Air Defense Squadron commander for the Western Air Defense Sector.
1990 Bachelor of Arts, Biology, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Mass.
1990 Air Battle Manager Basic Course, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
1990 Ground Theater Air Control Squadron (TACS) 407L Course, Luke AFB, Ariz.
1999 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2001 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2012 Air War College, by correspondence
1. May 1990 - August 1990, Student, 3625th Weapons Controller Training Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2. August 1990 - October 1990, Student, 407L Technical Training Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz
3. November 1990 - August 1992, Air Weapons Officer, 726th Air Control Squadron, Homestead AFB, Fla.
4. August 1992 - February 1995, Senior Director Instructor/Evaluator, 726th Air Control Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
5. February 1995 - August 2004, Mission Crew Commander Instructor/Evaluator, Western Air Defense Sector, McChord AFB, Wash.
6. August 2004 - May 2009, Assistant Chief, Sector Operations Control Center, Western Air Defense Sector, McChord AFB, Wash.
7. May 2009 - February 2011, Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, Western Air Defense Sector, Joint Base Lewis-McChord AFB, Wash.
8. February 2011 – December 2012, Chief, Sector Operations Control Center, Western Air Defense Sector, Joint Base Lewis-McChord AFB, Wash.
9. January 2011 - May 2014, Assistant Director of Operations, Western Air Defense Sector, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
10. May 2014 – April 15, Director of Operations, Western Air Defense Sector, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
11. April 2015- December 2015, Commander, 225th Air Defense Squadron, Western Air Defense Sector, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
12. December 2015 – present, Commander, 225th Support Squadron, Western Air Defense Section, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
AF Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
AF Organizational Excellent Award with six oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with device
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M Device
AF Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Nov. 11, 1990
First Lieutenant Nov. 11, 1992
Captain Nov. 11, 1994
Major Sept. 10, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel March 22, 2007
Colonel June 24, 2014
(Current as of January 2016)